Sunday, November 8, 2009

Auburn vs. Kentucky

As many of you know, I am always looking for a reason to get back to Auburn. Since we had not been able to see my parents in a while I was itching to get us back east for a fast visit with them. What better way to do that than a 5:30am flight out of Houston and being in Auburn before 10 am. That's right, we made it all the way from Texas before lunchtime. Now, if you know me at all you know that the morning is not my favorite time of day. It also is not Landon's favorite. He wakes up 100 times worse than I do and stays that way for a while. Despite these facts we got up at 3:30 am and headed to Alabama. The kids did amazing. We traveled with Brad, Wendy and Aaron and had a great flight and drive to Auburn. When we got there my parents were already there getting the camper set up for us. We grabbed some lunch and a quick nap (much needed). After the kids napped we met up with one of my best friends and former college roommate Tara for some pictures in front of Samford Hall. Tara had a little girl almost exactly one year ago and I had not had an opportunity to meet RuthAnn yet so I was very excited for this visit. She is such a sweet baby and happy all the time. Reagan loved RuthAnn and was asking to hold her for all the pictures. We took some great shots and then we headed to eat with my Nanny (my dad's mom). We went to eat with her at Chili's and I was able to get one pic of her with my kids before we left. After eating it was definitely bed time.

Saturday was game day and it was down right freezing and even rained for us. Even though the weather wasn't perfect we made the best of it. The kids were in and out of the weather playing at the tailgate. The rain began a little before we were suppose to leave for Tiger Walk. It didn't last long so we made it to Tiger Walk and the game. It began to rain right after we got settled in the stadium but was over fast. The kids made it through the first quarter and Reagan was begging to leave. She was cold and very tired which doesn't make for a great situation. Landon wasn't wanting to leave at all so I promised him a hotdog from the stadium if he would leave and he took me up on that. Food always works for him! My parents and I walked back to the camper and finished watching the game from there. It wasn't the best game to attend but it sure was great to be back home.

We flew back home on Sunday and even though our trip was fast it was so much fun.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: auburn 09
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow