Saturday, July 31, 2010

Reagan loses her first TOOTH!!

Today was a very big day for us. Reagan has had her first loose tooth for a few weeks now and we have been wiggling away at it. We knew it wouldn't be too long before we were faced with the dreaded decision: to pull or not to pull? To some kids this wouldn't be a hard choice but for Reagan it caused a lot of tension. We headed out this morning to run a few errands and then get some lunch. We decided to eat at Cici's Pizza and after we got our plates fixed we sat down to enjoy our pizza. After a few bites, Reagan started complaining that it was hard to eat because her tooth was really loose and her tongue could go all the way underneath it. I told her to let Chuck look at it (because I really hate doing teeth things). So, Chuck looked and tried to pull it but his fingers were too big to get a grip on her tiny tooth. So that left me!!!! I took Reagan into the bathroom and washed my hands and then the negotiating began. Reagan started crying and was totally torn because she didn't want me to pull the tooth because it might hurt but she didn't want to leave it in either. After several minutes of debating and convincing she opened up and let me in. Within a minute the tooth popped out and was in my hand. Luckily there was NO pain and no screaming, Now is when the fun part began. She went over to look in the mirror and when she smiled she saw blood all in her mouth. Now, there wasn't a lot of blood but to Reagan she was bleeding to death. I wet a paper towel put it in her mouth and started explaining to her that mouths heal very quickly and it won't bleed long. Then she looks at me a little pail and says "Mommy, I think I am going to be sick" That's right. She is just like me. The sight/taste of the blood made her feel nauseas very quickly. Luckily, we were in the bathroom so we just walked right over to the stall and waited. She never got sick thank goodness but I am pretty sure we don't have a doctor or nurse on our hands. When she felt better we headed back and finished lunch. Her new favorite thing now is to put her tongue where her tooth use to be. I can't believe it is already time for the tooth fairy to start appearing at our house. Man, they grow up too fast. Here is our toothless doodlebug!!!

P.S, we have another loose tooth already. The top one right above this one.