Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sea World 2010

We have lived here now for 2 years and we are finally making our first trip to Sea World in San Antonio. We met Chuck's mom and sister there for the day and then went back to Laney's house for a long weekend visit. We didn't really know what to expect out of Sea World but we were not disappointed at all. We had so much fun and the kids loved it. They talk about it almost everyday. We rode all the rides that the kids were big enough to ride and we saw two of the shows that were offered. When we first got there the kids rode their very first roller coaster (kiddie sized of course). The picture that was taken by Sea World for you to buy was priceless. Landon is smiling from ear to ear loving every minute of the ride and Reagan is grimacing as if she isn't sure she likes it at all. It captured both of their personalities all in one picture. After that we walked around a bit and then decided to go on the splash waterfalls ride. Reagan would not dare get on with us so we took Landon. He was all talk about how much fun it was gonna be and then we boarded. Chuck would have it no other way than we sit in the front. So we loaded on with Landon between Chuck and I and then Caroline beside me. Let's just say I was way better at rides before I became a mom. We started up the hill and I immediately began to panic and think that Landon might fly out when we dropped down the waterfall. I had no confidence that Chuck was gonna help hold him and I was right. As we went down (according to the pic they took) Chuck had a hold of Landon's hand but also was holding it up so that he could hold his hands up. Well its a good thing my mommy's intuition had kicked in because I has hovered over Landon (so much that he didn't even show up in the pic) trying to make sure he didn't go anywhere. Now lets be honest, there was never a chance that he was gonna fly out at all. He was perfectly secured in his seat and was checked by us and the attendant on the ride. I however was scared to death. I think it has been 7 years since I was on a ride and I don't think I am ready to ride them again. Well, I am sure do to my reaction Landon didn't like that ride very much and from that point on he wouldn't ride another ride with us that he thought looked scary. We had a great time watching the shows. We watched the beluga whales "Azul" show and of course the "Shamu" show. We rode tons of rides, visited the water park and had an all around fantastic time. As we were leaving Chuck commented that he could see us going back 2-3 times a year which tells me it was a great family vacation spot.

Here are our pictures from our great day.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own digital slideshow


After we left Sea World we headed to Laney's house for the weekend. I always love to take pictures of the kids while we are there. I think here yard is a photographers heaven. So here are the pics I captured on our Father's Day weekend at Laneys house.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow personalized with Smilebox