Monday, December 7, 2009

Tree Decorating/Santa visit #2

Well, we finally got our tree put up and decorated this weekend. We had a great time getting all the ornaments out and looking through the ones with pictures. Picture ornaments are by far my favorite ornaments. We have one of Reagan when she is about to be two and she has the funniest look on her face. It cracks us up every year when we get to see it again and I can remember exactly who her teachers were and what Reagan was like at that exact age. I love all the memories that christmas brings back to us.

So, the last two years Landon has been terrified of Santa. Our picture last year is of Reagan sitting so politely on his lap and Landon sitting there screaming his head off and reaching as far as he can for me. It is a hilarious picture and maybe a little bit disturbing. My dad swore that I was going to traumatize him and that I should be ashamed of doing him like that, but apparently I didn't. He did GREAT this year. We decided to go first thing Saturday morning to get our picture with Santa. We got to the mall and there wasn't much of a line so we started our wait. When we first got there Landon was literally shaking in Chuck's arms. I thought this is not going to go well but the longer we waited the better he got. When it was finally our turn Reagan went up there first and sat down and began her discussion with Santa. Chuck sat Landon down on Santa's knee and of course the lady taking pictures says "ok just give me a minute and then I will be ready" and I think oh great this is going to go down hill real fast but when I turned around Landon was actually talking to Santa and telling him what he wanted. Yea- we finally made it. No more Santa fears. He still isn't sure he wants Santa to come in our house but we can remedy that by telling him that daddy will meet Santa at the gas station to get their toys. We had to this for Reagan too and it worked great. So our second encounter with Santa happened today at our school. Santa came to visit all the kids and Landon did good again. He was a little nervous at first but then got comfortable with his old buddy from the mall. I am so proud of him for getting over this huge fear.

Here are some of our pics from decorating the tree and Landon with Santa #2 (at school).

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Tree decorating/Santa
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow